|Minimum # of nameservers||2|
|Maximum # of nameservers||6|
All .it domain names must have two to six authoritative nameservers. Before you register or update the domain name, you must list all of these nameservers – including any 3rd party nameservers – in its zone file. Additionally, all IP addresses on the nameservers created do need to be unique IP addresses. If all nameservers are not listed, the domain name will fail the registry check.
If you want to register a .it domain name with us and use our nameservers, we handle this process for you.
If you want to use your own nameservers, you must set them up before you register or update the domain name. You must also ensure that they are resolving properly before you assign them to the domain name in our system.
TIP: You can use a DNS validation tool to ensure that your nameservers are resolving properly. If you do not have a preferred DNS validator, you can use any search engine to find one.
For example, if you want to register coolexample.com.it and use the nameserversns1.coolexample.it and ns2.coolexample.it, then you must list those nameservers in the domain name’s zone file.
After you set up your nameservers and register or update your domain name, use the instructions in Change nameservers for my domains to set the nameservers in our system. Then, the Registro.it registry must approve or reject them, which can take up to five business days.
Domains are not activated until the domain’s nameservers are successfully checked by the registry.
Nameservers for a .IT domain registration must be correctly configured before the registration request succeeds, otherwise registration will fail. Please check that the following requirements are met:
- There must be at least 2 authoritative nameservers for the domain name, and they must correspond exactly to those found in the registration of the domain name
- The IP addresses of hosts in the registration of the domain name must correspond to those actually associated with them in the DNS
- The domain name cannot be associated with a CNAME record
- The name of the nameserver specified in the SOA record for the domain name cannot be a CNAME
- The names of the authoritative nameservers for the domain name cannot be CNAMEs
- If there is an MX registration it cannot be associated with a CNAME
- All hosts in the registration must be authoritative for the domain name registered
We offer .IT cheap domain registration, domain hosting with free extras…
****We offer cheap domain registration services and the list of top level domains with cheap domains sales.